- Meeting announcements, minutes and periodic email updates and notices.
- Newsletter “Breastfeeding Update”.
Student/ Friend of the Coalition
$25.00 / year
As a member you will have the opportunity to network with other health professionals dedicated to the promotion and support of breastfeeding, and have access to the most up-to-date breastfeeding education and resources and enable the Coalition to continue serving the San Diego community.
Our vision is that:
- Breastfeeding will be the norm in San Diego County for at least the infant’s first year of life and preferably longer.
- All healthcare professionals in San Diego County will be knowledgeable about, promote, and provide support for breastfeeding.
- Every woman will have access to the information, resources and community support necessary to breastfeed for as long as she wishes.
- The San Diego County Breastfeeding Coalition will be recognized as the key coordinating resource for breastfeeding issues and support in San Diego County.
- Breastfeeding is a health, social, ecologic, and economic resource for our community.
- Mothers have the right to make an informed choice regarding their infants’ feeding.
- Community acceptance and support are integral components of breastfeeding success.
- Health professionals, business leaders and policy makers have a vital need for access to breastfeeding information, and play a critical role in the support and promotion of breastfeeding.
- Breastfeeding is an integral component of parenting, and the family an essential part of breastfeeding support.
- Mother-to-mother support, peer counselors, doulas, childbirth educators and other support persons play a vital role in promoting and supporting breastfeeding in the community.
- We provide current, accurate, scientifically valid and culturally sensitive information.
What are the San Diego County Breastfeeding Coalition Objectives?
- Improve access to comprehensive, current, and culturally appropriate lactation care and services for all women, children, and families in San Diego County.
- Increase protection, promotion, and support for breastfeeding mothers in the workforce.
- Ensure the SDCBC will be fiscally sound and self-sustaining.