Click HERE to find breastfeeding-friendly childcare near you!
Tips for Choosing Breastfeeding-Friendly Childcare
“Many mothers have to be away from their babies because of work or school. This can make
it harder to continue breastfeeding. Choosing a child care provider who is supportive of
breastfeeding is an important part of making it easier to be away from your baby.”
Take this checklist with you, and ask the childcare provider:
- Do they support your desire to continue feeding your baby your milk?
- Is there a place where you can comfortably sit and nurse your baby?
- Does the staff feed babies when they are hungry, rather than on a strict schedule?
- Are they willing to hold off feeding right before you pick up your baby?
- Does the center have a refrigerator for storing milk?
- Are you welcome to visit and breastfeed your baby at any time?
Become a recognized Breastfeeding-Friendly San Diego partner!