You can find resources and information for support on implementing the Building Blocks to Breastfeeding-Friendly Childcare below.
The Breastfeeding-Friendly San Diego (BFSD) program is a self-nomination and recognition program. The San Diego County Breastfeeding Coalition (SDCBC) does not guarantee recognized providers have adhered to the program tenets beyond what providers have self-stated. The BFSD recognition is open to all licensed family childcare homes and childcare centers that take infants.
Nominees should be able to demonstrate the following Building Blocks to Breastfeeding-Friendly Childcare:
- A breastfeeding-friendly environment where parents are encouraged to breastfeed onsite including a non-restroom space for both families and employees to breastfeed and/or pump.
- Employees have been trained on breastfeeding-friendly practices.
- Proper storage, handling, and feeding of breast milk is implemented.
- Written policies or procedures exist to support breastfeeding families and employees.
- Breastfeeding resources are offered for both families and employees.