Nominate a Childcare Provider for the 2019 Breastfeeding-Friendly San Diego Childcare Awards presented by the San Diego County Breastfeeding Coalition
Each year the SDCBC calls for nominations for Childcare Providers, both in-home and center-based, who have implemented the 5 Building Blocks to Success that demonstrate best practices of breastfeeding support in the childcare industry.
Each nominee should be able to demonstrate they have:
- Created a breastfeeding-friendly environment,
- Provided employee training to support breastfeeding,
- Implemented proper storage, handling, and feeding of breastmilk,
- Adopted written policies or procedures supporting breastfeeding families and employees, *
- Offered breastfeeding resources for families and employees. *
*Center-based childcare sites should be able to provide written policy/procedures for lactation accommodations for breastfeeding employees.
Nominations are accepted through July 4, 2019. Awardees are announced during World Breastfeeding Week in August, featured prominently on our social media channels, e-newsletter and website, and are recognized at the San Diego County Breastfeeding Coalition’s Annual Liquid Gold Gala on Saturday, September 14 th at Southwestern Yacht Club.