- 2016: Naomi Billups, Public Health Nutrition Manager, County of San Diego Health and Human Services Agency
- 2015: Jennifer Wheeler, Early Childhood Education Projects Coordinator, First 5 San Diego
- 2014: Dean E. Sidelinger, MD, MSEd, Child Health Medical Officer, HHSA, County of San Diego
- 2013: Nick Macchione , MS, MPH, FACHE, Director of HHSA, County of San Diego
- 2012: Anne Kashiwa, Director, Lactation Supportive Environments, UC San Diego School of Medicine
Each year the SDCBC acknowledges someone in the San Diego County community who has demonstrated outstanding leadership in supporting and promoting breastfeeding as the optimal way to feed every infant. The announcement of the Breastfeeding Champion coincides each year with World Breastfeeding Week (August 1-7) and the recipient is recognized and honored at the SDCBC’s Liquid Gold Gala in October.
Nominate someone for the Breastfeeding Champion award!