Welcome to a Healthy San Diego!
The San Diego County Breastfeeding Coalition, a non-profit association, supports breastfeeding through education, outreach and advocacy in our community.
Toll Free: 1-800-371-MILKRead More
May 3, 2013
2013 Local Breastfeeding Trainings
Breastfeeding Summer Camp! Register Now!
We are hitting the road this summer with our Breastfeeding Regional Trainings! Join us to get the latest and greatest news in the breastfeeding world, learn or review the hottest and essential topics, and network with colleagues in your community. Click Here to download our flyer!
Join our trainers, Jeanette Panchula, BSW, RN, PHN, IBCLC and Sheila Janakos, MPH, IBCLC, RLC for an interactive and dynamic day!
Here are some topics we will cover…
- Breastfeeding Update – including the latest breastfeeding topics: laid back nursing, skin to skin, jaundice, thrush, 10 breastfeeding myths, and latest research
- Avoiding Supplementation – including problem solving in the first few weeks (first days in hospital, colostrum, perceived low milk supply, what moms should expect, how to counsel new moms to avoid unnecessary supplementation), and beyond (maintaining breastfeeding, birth control, illnesses, weaning)
- Working moms continuing to breastfeed – including returning to work, storing and handling breastmilk, pumping issues, overfeeding
- Cultural humility/competency and communication – including cultural sensitivity, how to engage and encourage, and staying mother-centered
*Skills and/or experiential learning with each topic!
We are coming to a city near you!
- Monday, July 15 – UHC Pinedale Training Center, Fresno
- Wednesday, July 17 – Government Center, San Luis Obispo
- Monday, July 22 – Carson Community Center, Carson
- Wednesday, July 24 – American Red Cross, San Diego
- Monday, August 19 – Shasta County Training Center, Redding
- Tuesday, August 27 – South San Francisco Conference Center, Bay Area
- Wednesday, August 28 – CRP WIC Training Center, Sacramento
*Trainings subject to change or cancellation due to low attendance.
Who should attend: training is appropriate for WIC staff and peer counselors, hospital and public health nurses, community clinic staff, public health nutritionists, medical office staff.
Fee: $150 per person (includes training, materials, lunch), 3% discount for groups 3+, 5% discount for groups 5+
CEUs offered: RD, IBCLC, CLE, RN
Registration: Go to http://www.regonline.com/2013bfcamp to register!
Refund Policy: There are no refunds for nonattendance and cancellations within 3 weeks of the training dates. Substitutions are allowed.
SWAG Conferences LLC is a co-sponsor of the event. Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number #CEP15480, for up to 7 contact hours.Read More